GIGN Forum

Probs With The V14 Patch

hello there

first of all i wanna say hello to all. i registered here because i got a problam with the installion of two files offered in the gign dowload section and hope to find help here.

the files i downloaded are called "Condition Zero FULL for v14 patch" and "CS 1.6 v6 FULL". a friend told me that i would be able to play cs:cz offline against bots than.

okay, i did it. installed CS 1.6 v6 FULL into the directory C:/valve (which not existed before) and copied the Condition Zero FULL for v14 patch archive into the directory C:/valve/condition zero

now, if i want to start the czero launcer, system tells me that the cd is not insert. further, i think that i made some faults by (in?) giving the launcer his correct parameters. this site tells you that you have to give the launcer a name starting with hl.exe ... this seems funny, cause there is no hl.exe in that dir smile.gif

i would be very glad if ill find the help im searching for

thanx

Edited by nym

first of all you should get v14 patch too, but seems I have deleted it already, cause there is new already, patch v06.28 full...

however, if its working with v6, then dont spend your time f*cking around with patches, it doesn't matter what patch u have if youre playing against bots...

all condition zero files should be located in C:\valve\czero not c:\valve\condition zero, nor c:\valve\czero\condition zero

next, create shortcut to hl.exe (which is located @ c:\valve) with parameters "-game czero -console"

then just run it...

oh, thanx to both of you for your fast reply, but ... oh dear, i still cant run it sad.gif seems that i have to spend something around 25Ђ to buy the original version and install all necessary updates directly from steam. im not really born to installing some stuff on a computer ^^

otherwise i got still the oportunity to bother you again .. no smile.gif just joking wink.gif

thanx 4 your help again!

Edited by nym

mh, i thought i defined it cleary ... but, okay, ill do it the long way smile.gif

let me tell you a little story ^^

i wanna play condition zero without having the original cds. really important is that i wanna play the mp game with all these beautiful (more or less) maps and models AND against bots. i dont want to become an owner of an unserious steam account and cheating around. just wanna play offline. so, what have i got to do?

pls explain it step by step, starting with "download ripped cz @ e*ule" biggrin.gif

the only thing I don't know whether CZ is working with the older version so I'll just give you the working solution

1) get this

2) get this

3) get this

update your downloaded v6 version with the v06.28 patch. I suppose you know how to do that? Just extract files in the half-life folder. (usually C:\sierra\half-life) (you can make sure everything works if it asks to overwrite files) (yes to all of course)

then do the same with the cz patch. That's simple.

then create a shortcut on the desktop (or anywhere else you prefer) and in the target window write -game czero -console

SiMpLe

• 2 weeks later...